Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
|Vineyard/Cellar Practices||Biodynamically Grown, Low-Intervention/Natural Wine, Vegan|
Toni Carbó founded Mas Candí in 2006 with his best friend Ramón Jané, before starting Celler la Salada in 2012 on his family’s estate. His father and grandfather purchased their land in Les Parellades with money from selling their grapes, and have farmed them sustainably for generations. This is true minimal intervention agriculture: the vineyards are not tilled and are untouched by chemicals. As a result, they abound with diverse natural life and are now being farmed biodynamically as well. The vineyard was planted in 2006 with ancient Catalan grape varietals, and this is a field blend of both white and red grapes, including sumoll, roigenc, mandó, cannonnau, monica, torbat, parellada and xarel·lo. Grapes were hand harvested and sorted in the vineyard, then chilled down and 90% of them are direct pressed (including the reds.) The other 10% is macerated for four months with little to no extraction to limit color and tannins. The juice is then fermented in stainless steel with indigenous yeasts, and bottled with no sulfur added. Fresh and lively, this bursts with spicy red currants, cranberries, and wild berries. Savory, chillable, totally chuggable! Biodynamically grown, low-intervention/natural wine, vegan.