Champagne Dhondt-Grellet Blanc de Blancs 'Les Terres Fines' Extra Brut NV

$68.99
2 In stock
Champagne Dhondt-Grellet Blanc de Blancs 'Les Terres Fines' Extra Brut NV
Add to cart
Country France
Region Champagne
Appellation/Sub-Region Champagne AOC
Grapes Chardonnay
Vineyard/Cellar Practices Biodynamically Grown, Low-Intervention/Natural Wine, Vegan

Adrien Dhondt is a rising star in the Champagne firmament of the Côte des Blancs. Though still young, he has been at the helm of his family’s estate since 2010. He pivoted early in the direction of biodynamic farming practices but has not pursued official certification. “Les Terres Fines” harvests from across Dhondt-Grellet’s nine plots of chardonnay vines within the Premier Cru village of Cuis. Each plot ferments separately, using natural yeasts. The limestone-rich soils of Cuis underlie the unique terroir, coming through in the minerality of the finished wine. Average age of the vines is 45 years. The 2016 harvest represents 70% of the finished wine, with the other 30% drawn from the perpetual reserve the family has maintained since the estate’s founding in 1986. This batch was bottled in May 2017 with a very low dosage of 1.5 g/L and disgorged in May 2019. Bold and powerful, this is chardonnay with unique character. Lemon and flowers hover ahead of a nutty, buttery finish. Biodynamically grown, low-intervention/natural wine, vegan.