Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
|Vineyard/Cellar Practices||Organically Grown, Low-Intervention/Natural Wine, Vegan|
Weingut Familie Bauer is run by winemaker husband and wife duo, Josef and Eva Maria Bauer, in the Grossriedenthal area of Wagram. Their 17 hectares of vines are certified organic, because they believe that cultivating the natural diversity of the landscape and being conscientious of it best expresses the terroir in their wines. They have a wide range of wines, including crisp classics made from grüner veltliner and roter veltliner, along with incredible dessert wines. ‘Hollötrio’ is 100% grüner veltliner, hand harvested from vineyards in Kronberg. 80% of the wine sees 5 hours of skin contact, while the other 20% is crushed, fermented, and kept on the skins for 30 days. Spontaneous fermentation takes place in temperature controlled stainless steel for a total of two weeks, and the wine spends over a month on the lees (with stirring), with an additional four months of aging in steel before being bottled unfiltered. This liter bottle offers up surprisingly sophisticated refreshment, with generous yellow apple notes accented by hints of green pea, spice, preserved orange peel, and white pepper. The skin contact accentuates rather than overwhelms grüner’s classic notes of white pepper and spice on the finish without adding funkiness or excessive tannic grip. Complex yet clean: this will satisfy both crisp white wine lovers as well as orange wine fans looking for something on the lighter side. Those looking to dip a toe into the “orange wine pool” won’t want to miss this either! Organically grown, low-intervention/natural wine, vegan.