Back to All Events

Free Wine Tasting - Saturday - Discounted 10%

Domaine de Chevalier Clos des Lunes "Lune d'Argent" Bordeaux AOC 2016 Country: FRANCE / Region: BORDEAUX / Appellation: BORDEAUX AOC / Varietal(s): SEMILLON+SAUVIGNON BLANC --- Clos des Lunes made its official launch with the 2012 vintage. Founded by Olivier Bernard, the owner of Domaine de Chevalier in Pessac Léognan and Château Guiraud in Sauternes, the property previously made sweet, undistinguished wines under the Château Haut Caplane name. Now however, Olivier and his son, Hugo, have turned things around for Clos des Lunes, with some lovely results. The 45 hectare vineyard is planted to 70% semillon and 30% sauvignon blanc, with vines averaging around 30 years old. All work in the vineyards is organic, and the estate is in the process of transitioning to completely sustainable farming practices. The estate is located in the Sauternes appellation, but because the wine does not have the level of sweetness required to be sold as Sauternes, this dry white Bordeaux wine is labeled Grand Vin Blanc Sec. 70% semillon, 30% sauvignon blanc, "Lune d'Argent" is aged in a combination of 25% new French oak barrels while the remaining 75% is aged on its lees in stainless steel tanks for between 6-7 months. Light straw in color, this displays a generous, grassy nose and an elegant palate full of nervy acidity. Lemony, saline notes make this a mouthwatering choice with poached cod with potatoes and leeks.

Domaine Ruet Brouilly AOC 2015 - SUSTAINABLY GROWN Country: FRANCE / Region: BURGUNDY-BEAUJOLAIS / Appellation: BROUILLY AOC / Varietal(s): GAMAY --- Now in its sixth generation, Domaine Ruet has perched on the distinctive terrain of Voujon in Cercié-en-Beaujolais at the foot of Mont Brouilly since 1926. It boasts the famed pink granite soils (or "gohr", as it is known in the region) that spread over south-facing slopes and lend the wines of the area a characteristic earthy, mineral quality. A stunning example of the "serious" wines that can come from Beaujolais, this gorgeous gamay is vinified in stainless steel, letting nothing come between the expression of grape and terroir. Structured and concentrated, it boasts ripe, bright cherries and fresh plums supported by a subtly earthy tannic grip. An elegant match with classic roasted chicken or marinated tofu with swiss chard and sautéed peppers.

Château Massereau Bordeaux Supérieur AOC "Cuvée K" 2007 - ORGANICALLY GROWN+LOW INTERVENTION Country: FRANCE / Region: BORDEAUX / Appellation: BORDEAUX SUPÉRIEUR AOC / Varietal(s): MERLOT+CABERNET FRANC+CABERNET SAUVIGNON+PETIT VERDOT --- Château Massereau, situated in Barsac approximately 30km from Bordeaux, was built in the 16th century. The estate was acquired by the Chaigneau family in 2000 and brothers Jean-François and Philippe quickly set to farming organically. They remain fully committed to natural winemaking; ploughing with horses, pressing using an old wooden press, fermenting with native yeast, and limiting SO2 (sometimes to none at all) at bottling. A delicious blend of merlot, cabernet franc, cabernet sauvignon, and petit verdot, this ferments in concrete vats and spends 18 months in neutral barrique before a 10-year elevage in bottle before release. The result is stunning: full of dark, plummy fruit character elegantly accented by wisps of cedar, tobacco, violet, and smoke. Precise and savory on the palate, lovely dark berry and dried green herbs meld beautifully with a hint of blood orange peel. Classically styled and a great value to boot, this is fabulous with steak or mushroom risotto.ORG