Gust Wines Pinot Noir Petaluma Gap 2021

$43.99
3 In stock
Gust Wines Pinot Noir Petaluma Gap 2021
Add to cart
Country USA
Region California
Appellation/Sub-Region Petaluma Gap
Grapes Pinot Noir
Vineyard/Cellar Practices Conventional

Gust is the project of Megan and Hilary Cline, the second generation of Sonoma’s acclaimed Cline Family Cellars. Cline may have built their reputation on zinfandel and Rhône varieties, but Gust signals a blast of fresh energy and direction, choosing to focus instead on cooler climate grapes like pinot noir, chardonnay, and syrah. The name is also a nod to California’s newest appellation: the Petaluma Gap, which is defined unsurprisingly by the influence of its blustery winds and fog. As luck would have it, Megan and Hilary’s father, Fred Cline, planted vineyards in the area back in the 1990s, and this pinot noir is sourced from two separate ranches within the Petaluma Gap. 85% comes from Catapult Ranch, situated at the western foot of Wildcat Mountain, which produces fruit with more power and intensity, while the remaining 15% comes from Diamond Pile Vineyard at the southern base of Sonoma Mountain, providing delicacy and nuance. On the palate this pinot is velvety and expressive, with generous notes of fresh and baked red cherries, mingled with layers of earth, spice, and beguiling hints of smoked tea leaf and incense.