La Grange du Nord 'Par Les Dunes' Vin de France 2021

$26.99
16 In stock
La Grange du Nord 'Par Les Dunes' Vin de France 2021
Add to cart
Country France
Region Languedoc-Roussillon
Appellation/Sub-Region Vin de France
Grapes Grenache, Clairette, Carignan, Syrah, Cinsault
Vineyard/Cellar Practices Certified Organic, Biodynamically Grown, Low-intervention/Natural Wine

Frédéric Agneray hails from the département du Nord, in the Hauts-de-France region near the Belgian border. He studied literature in Paris and developed an interest in wine while visiting wine bars in his downtime. This sparked an interest in wine that led him to work with La Grange aux Belles in the Loire and then to Sabran to pursue his own winemaking. Beginning with a three hectare plot, the domaine now has more than eight hectares of vines, worked by Fred, his sister Delphine, and pals Arouna and Alexis. “Par les Dunes” is one of four grenache-dominant blends produced at the estate, with about 90% grenache and the remaining 10% a mix of clairette, carignan, syrah and cinsault, all grown organically on sandy clay and limestone soils, and harvested by hand. A light and lovely ruby-magenta color, it’s just a touch more serious and structured than its blended brethren, offering a lifted palate of cherries and bramble fruit hemmed in by a welcome minerality and slight salinity. Certified Organic, Biodynamically Grown, Low-intervention/Natural Wine.